Please visit our sponsors

Rolclub does not endorse ads. Please see our disclaimer.
    Feedback Score
    Thanks

Default Passive Income Ideas For Rural Preppers

I have recently became a land owner and I'm interested in ideas for passive income. I am a farmer by trade but I'm not confident in farming being a great way to reliably pay the bills, especially if you don't have a lot of land for row crops and don't want to have a confined feeding operation for livestock.

Technically passive income is defined as earnings derived from a rental property, limited partnership, or other enterprise in which a person is not actively involved. The way I'm using the term however isn't exactly the technical definition. I am interested in ways to make money from my land that involve very limited action on my part, but not necessarily entirely passive if that makes sense. I've been told by many that passive income is the key to building wealth in the long term. I don't trust the stock market, and I also don't trust the value of precious metals in a long term SHTF or TEOTWAKI, because you can't eat gold.

So that leaves me with a few options I've been considering. One is to raise quail alongside my chickens that I'll have anyway to be released onto my land for customers to use it as a hunting preserve. I would rent out use of my back twenty to people interested in doing some hunting.

Another option is to build a shop, garage, or similar structure near my front gate and to try to have part of my land re-zoned for commercial activities. I could rent out the commercial space to a business interested in using it.

Another option I'm excited about potentially pursuing is to set up a small storage unit complex with some units and a yard, which would also involve rezoning. This may be a great idea especially for preppers because storage unit complexes often have security features like cameras, tall fencing, etc. In SHTF holing up inside a storage unit complex could make for a very secure location. Storage units are cheaper to build and maintain than other structures, with many rural complexes lacking water or electrical hookups. Having lots of storage space is also a great thing for a prepper to have. If you stockpiled a bunch of woodstoves in a pinch a storage unit complex could be quickly converted into an emergency shelter for a sizable group of friends or family members.

Prepping is important in case of SHTF, but so is long term financial security in general, and passive income could provide someone with the time and resources to afford some excellent preps. What do you think of these ideas? Would it be worth it or could it potentially introduce extra problems in SHTF and make you a big target? What are some of your ideas for passive income for a rural person with some land?
    The name’s JOE NYAGGAH. I am a tireless seeker of knowledge, occassional purveyor of wisdom and also, coincidentally, a graphic designer.
    philosophy

In as circuitous a reason as a philosopher is wont to offer, my school of thought is reliant on schooling my thought – thoroughly, regularly; keeping abreast of design, branding, advertising trends and solutions.

2. Sponsored Links
    Feedback Score
    Thanks

Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing these ideas. They are very good and could be put into practice. I am a rural trainer and would also like to invest in something profitable that would bring me a large monthly passive income. But I'm very bad with investment ideas, and you helped me greatly. Plus, I also found on moneyunder30.com some tips on how to invest correctly to be successful, and I will put them into practice. I dream of being a successful investor with a lot of money, LOL.

5. Sponsored Links

Thread Information