Please visit our sponsors

Rolclub does not endorse ads. Please see our disclaimer.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Thanks

Default Political correctness

I typed a response to a post tonight, and found upon reviewing my post (before sending it) that when I simply used the word d-e-s-p-i-t-e , it came up de****e.

Is it really necessary to protect our presumably adult forum members from such words that even contain the letters in the same sequence as the word s-p-i-t? Aren't we all adults here?

I don't mean to open up a can of worms here, but the politically correct crowd has rubbed me the wrong way for a long time. I don't condone bashing another member, or the use of foul language in a public forum. I don't flame anyone for their opinions and do not disrespect it when someone speaks out about something that they feel passionate about, even if I happen to disagree...but please!!!

Unfortunately, this isn't the fault of the Admin or the mods. It's our own fault that people are so afraid to offend others. I'm sorry for any hard feelings I may have created, but I felt the need to voice my opinion. I'm sure Marek doesn't like bending over backwards to appeal to the thin-skinned out there either.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bronco For This Useful Post:

3. Sponsored Links

Thread Information