Please visit our sponsors

Rolclub does not endorse ads. Please see our disclaimer.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Junior Member Yankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 25 Times in 7 Posts

    Default The Lop...... ITS OVER

    Well I guess the rv question has finally been answered, wonder what the alaskan Polar bear will come up with now. OHHHHHHHH let me guess misinformation LMAO.



    . Kurdish newspaper said Lasso issued in Baghdad that the Iraqi government on changes to key Iraqi dinar currency. وقال . A source from the Presidency of the Council of Ministers of the Economic Commission that the newspaper prepared systems for the removal of the three zeroes on the Iraqi dinar and thus return to the status quo ante, that is, before the second war of 517,436 in 1991. . According to the source, the reason for this decision is the low level of inflation in the Iraqi economy, as indicated by the same source close to the implementation of changes to the dinar and the issuance of new currency that will appear in the Kurdish language writing and pictures of the historic Castle Irbil. Bringing 1000 dinars, Dinara one, and thus solve the papers 5, 10 and 25 dinars replace the 5000, 10000 and 25000, the 250 and 500 dinars, and so the way to a quarter and a half dinars

    ˆکا„ة ا„فرات ا„عرا‚Šة „„ا†باء
    Last edited by Yankeefan; 13-08-2007 at 03:29 PM.

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    220
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 217 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    This tells me that our RV is at hand....I've read that before, about taking off three zeros. If this article was printed today, then this is very good news. Let me know if I'm off here. But looks like this deserves a smile

  4. #3
    Senior Investor Hardwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 434 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Before you get your panties in a bunch over this article, let's see if someone can put a DATE on the article.

    Yankeefan, the title to this thread is "The Lop...... ITS OVER"

    That is quite a bold assumption.

    Personally, I will hold judgement until we see official statements from the CBI regarding this alledged zero-lopping.


    Nice knee-jerk reaction though....others are panicking as well so you are not alone..

    And I looked at the article through the Google Goggles (translator) and maybe the translator is messing it up (context, that is).

    Perhaps we need a true arabic reader to translate this for us?

    Anyone have a friend who reads Arabic?



    Thank you.
    Last edited by Hardwood; 13-08-2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: more thoughts...
    Do unto others....you know the rest...

    Here I am getting my Dinar News Fix waiting for that "Bold Adjustment"

  5. #4
    Administrator Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norway / Poland
    Posts
    4,601
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 303 Posts

    Default

    This website you reffer to (mind not) looks like home made.! have heard such rumors before. Will wait for CBIraq to come with any such news...


    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan View Post
    Well I guess the rv question has finally been answered, wonder what the alaskan Polar bear will come up with now. OHHHHHHHH let me guess misinformation LMAO.

    . Kurdish newspaper said Lasso issued in Baghdad that the Iraqi government on changes to key Iraqi dinar currency. وقال . A source from the Presidency of the Council of Ministers of the Economic Commission that the newspaper prepared systems for the removal of the three zeroes on the Iraqi dinar and thus return to the status quo ante, that is, before the second war of 517,436 in 1991. . According to the source, the reason for this decision is the low level of inflation in the Iraqi economy, as indicated by the same source close to the implementation of changes to the dinar and the issuance of new currency that will appear in the Kurdish language writing and pictures of the historic Castle Irbil. Bringing 1000 dinars, Dinara one, and thus solve the papers 5, 10 and 25 dinars replace the 5000, 10000 and 25000, the 250 and 500 dinars, and so the way to a quarter and a half dinars

    ˆکا„ة ا„فرات ا„عرا‚Šة „„ا†باء

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    220
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 217 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Hardwood...I was concerned when I saw the title of this thread, but when I read it, it sounded good. Should I be worried? I'm not a very experienced investor, so I don't want to be happy when I should be disappointed. Boy, that's pretty bad.

  7. #6
    Senior Investor Hardwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 434 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    I would not be worried at all.

    Considering the vast amount of Dinar already in circulation, sitting in bank vaults and the Iraqi economy revolving around the current values, a LOP or a separation in currencies (Kurds vs. rest of Iraq) seems very unlikely.

    And as Marek just pointed out, the website this is coming from has not been a source in the past (not saying it isn't legitimate, but why this article and why now?).

    No worries until you see an official announcement from the CBI. But I think the official announcement we will see will have nothing to do with a LOP and everything to do with a change in exchange rate....
    Do unto others....you know the rest...

    Here I am getting my Dinar News Fix waiting for that "Bold Adjustment"

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    220
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 217 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    QUOTE:
    "But I think the official announcement we will see will have nothing to do with a LOP and everything to do with a change in exchange rate...."


    I sure hope you're right! Thanks for answering my question...

  9. #8
    Senior Investor Hardwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 434 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    FYI- A quick Whois search of foratnews.com found this:

    Current Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
    IP Address: 64.151.120.120 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-CALIFORNIA-SAN FRANCISCO
    Record Type: Domain Name
    Server Type: IIS 6
    Lock Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Web Site Status: Active
    DMOZ no listings
    Y! Directory: see listings
    Secure: No
    E-commerce: No
    Traffic Ranking: 2
    Data as of: 14-Jun-2005


    TUCOWS is the registrar? And IP based in the US (San Francisco)??

    Not sure how legitimate a source this is.....something smells fishy here.
    Do unto others....you know the rest...

    Here I am getting my Dinar News Fix waiting for that "Bold Adjustment"

  10. #9
    Junior Member Yankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 25 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
    I would not be worried at all.

    Considering the vast amount of Dinar already in circulation, sitting in bank vaults and the Iraqi economy revolving around the current values, a LOP or a separation in currencies (Kurds vs. rest of Iraq) seems very unlikely.

    And as Marek just pointed out, the website this is coming from has not been a source in the past (not saying it isn't legitimate, but why this article and why now?).

    No worries until you see an official announcement from the CBI. But I think the official announcement we will see will have nothing to do with a LOP and everything to do with a change in exchange rate....

    does any iraqi website look like its not home made, they all look unprofessional, look at the cbi website, it looks like it was made by a 5th grader.

  11. #10
    Junior Member Yankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 25 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
    FYI- A quick Whois search of foratnews.com found this:

    Current Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
    IP Address: 64.151.120.120 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-CALIFORNIA-SAN FRANCISCO
    Record Type: Domain Name
    Server Type: IIS 6
    Lock Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Web Site Status: Active
    DMOZ no listings
    Y! Directory: see listings
    Secure: No
    E-commerce: No
    Traffic Ranking: 2
    Data as of: 14-Jun-2005


    TUCOWS is the registrar? And IP based in the US (San Francisco)??

    Not sure how legitimate a source this is.....something smells fishy here.

    If you do a website check on most of the iraqi news sites, they are mostly in the USA also

  12. Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share |