Please visit our sponsors

Rolclub does not endorse ads. Please see our disclaimer.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Investor
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    473
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 53 Times in 5 Posts

    Default about chit chat and off topic posts

    ORIGINALLY POSTED BY COOLDOLPHINS miss zipper....
    What did your very long post have to do with the topic of this thread???? Also, why did you not take your own advice and take this to a pM?
    I have to admit I'm pretty steamed right now. The insistence that chit chat and off topic posts hurt no one is baffling to me. You seem like reasonable people, so let me put a face on it.

    I live and work on a ship that spends most of it's time out at sea. There is one--yep, just one computer that I can access the internet with--I share that computer with 3 other people. If I am surfing, they are waiting to surf. This computer is hooked into the ship's lan system. The ship is allocated a very limited amount of bandwidth, and at peak times I bring a book to read while I wait for web pages to load. at non peak times I play solitare--my point is that there is ALWAYS a wait for web pages to load.

    So. Here I am...on a haze gray ship, away from my people, doing a job most avoid, trying to surf the net. There are people waiting patiently, or not so patiently while I wait patiently or not so patiently for the pages of rolclub to load. I have 2 pages to load before I can look at rumor info--just one if I go for news. Can you now imagine how FRUSTRATING it is to go through all of this, only to find a page of pure meaningless chit chat?? I just wasted 5-10 minutes of valuable surf time to read about how you ladies are going to drink margaritas, or go shopping, or buy coffee, or whatever else you guys chat about.

    There is enough anxiety out here with this job, and with this speculation without adding the anxiety of trying to find a shred of rumor info amidst the mindless pointless chit chat.

    I am just one person, but believe me there are many others--on my ship, on other ships, in tents in the desert, in bunkers...what about them? Imagine their frustration...

    Off topic posts generate frustration and anxiety for those of us who have limited access to the internet. Plain and simple. If you and others who join you in chit chat and off topic posts persist, I will know it is because you just don't care about those of us "out here". And the same goes for the mods who let this continue, contrary to the rules of the TOS.

    I was going to post this to a pm, but this is a public issue, not just with Cooldolphins, but with many other members on the forum. I'm tired of it. of course it doesn't help that the word just came down that they are now going to start limiting our access to "certain websites" I guess we'll know which ones when we try to log on and get the white page of annoyance.

    I'm done. I'll go back to lurking now.

    OrdinarySeaWoman
    Last edited by ordinaryseawoman; 05-06-2007 at 02:33 AM.

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Senior Investor rvalreadydang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 238 Posts

    Default

    I can understand your frustration, but there are others who also post off topics, i'm not talking goofing off (and i am sorry, i do try to keep it in chitchat thread) but those who interupt with negative comments, this brings on replies and it just snowballs into being totally off topic, i do appreciate the trouble you go through and will try my best to keep playing around in the chitchat thread, but the others who post the flaming remarks need to heed as well.
    it can be said for all investors from the Arabs and foreigners, you enter now for it will be a golden opportunity for you.

  4. #3
    Senior Investor lewscrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lovespark, Illinois
    Posts
    514
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    3,304
    Thanked 501 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Agree RVDANG, and best wishes to you OSW. Hopefully
    you won't have to put up with that lousy internet service much longer.
    The task ahead of you is never as
    great as the POWER behind you.

  5. #4
    Administrator Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norway / Poland
    Posts
    4,601
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 303 Posts

    Default

    Please let me know if anyone posts any kind of flaming remarks...
    admin

  6. #5
    Senior Investor cooldolphins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,628
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked 445 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, hopefully shortly, you can have the fastest internet service available! and you won't have to check in here anymore!!! hehe I probably will take a peek here and there, though, after the rv...if there ever will be an rv! A rv.
    Habakkuk 2:2-3 Then the LORD answered me and said: Write the vision And make it plain on tablets,
    That he may run who reads it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.

  7. #6
    Senior Investor
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    850
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 494 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Please let me know if anyone posts any kind of flaming remarks...
    admin
    Here is one for you, gross and totally unnecessary.

    http://www.rolclub.com/210507-post100.html


  8. #7
    Investor H2O_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Far north
    Posts
    461
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 325 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    I just got home and found several PM's and a few emails ... does anyone know what was posted in here today ?? I will be in chat so we dont clog the posting up in here !

    ok out of chat ...please if anyone copied the post would you please send it to me

    Thanks
    Last edited by H2O_Lover; 05-06-2007 at 03:31 AM.
    Oh the drama....

  9. #8
    Investor H2O_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Far north
    Posts
    461
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 325 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danny51 View Post
    Here is one for you, gross and totally unnecessary.

    http://www.rolclub.com/210507-post100.html
    flaming remarks ........ ?? where ?
    Oh the drama....

  10. #9
    Senior Investor
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryseawoman View Post
    I have to admit I'm pretty steamed right now. The insistence that chit chat and off topic posts hurt no one is baffling to me. You seem like reasonable people, so let me put a face on it.

    I live and work on a ship that spends most of it's time out at sea. There is one--yep, just one computer that I can access the internet with--I share that computer with 3 other people. If I am surfing, they are waiting to surf. This computer is hooked into the ship's lan system. The ship is allocated a very limited amount of bandwidth, and at peak times I bring a book to read while I wait for web pages to load. at non peak times I play solitare--my point is that there is ALWAYS a wait for web pages to load.

    So. Here I am...on a haze gray ship, away from my people, doing a job most avoid, trying to surf the net. There are people waiting patiently, or not so patiently while I wait patiently or not so patiently for the pages of rolclub to load. I have 2 pages to load before I can look at rumor info--just one if I go for news. Can you now imagine how FRUSTRATING it is to go through all of this, only to find a page of pure meaningless chit chat?? I just wasted 5-10 minutes of valuable surf time to read about how you ladies are going to drink margaritas, or go shopping, or buy coffee, or whatever else you guys chat about.

    There is enough anxiety out here with this job, and with this speculation without adding the anxiety of trying to find a shred of rumor info amidst the mindless pointless chit chat.

    I am just one person, but believe me there are many others--on my ship, on other ships, in tents in the desert, in bunkers...what about them? Imagine their frustration...

    Off topic posts generate frustration and anxiety for those of us who have limited access to the internet. Plain and simple. If you and others who join you in chit chat and off topic posts persist, I will know it is because you just don't care about those of us "out here". And the same goes for the mods who let this continue, contrary to the rules of the TOS.

    I was going to post this to a pm, but this is a public issue, not just with Cooldolphins, but with many other members on the forum. I'm tired of it. of course it doesn't help that the word just came down that they are now going to start limiting our access to "certain websites" I guess we'll know which ones when we try to log on and get the white page of annoyance.

    I'm done. I'll go back to lurking now.

    OrdinarySeaWoman
    Some of us have tried to get the bs stopped.....hope you have better luck.

  11. Sponsored Links

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share |